While counterfeiters have improved their replica handbag creation skills, there are telltale signs to recognize a real Fendi purse from a fake.
How to Spot Fake Fendi Handbags:
- Examine the label. One of the first things that you want to look for is the label. If you see any misspelling on the label, the chances are that it is just a Fendi replica handbag and not the real thing.
- Look for a hologram sticker. If you purchased a Fendi Bag before the year 2015, you'll see that the Fendi hologram stickers are encoded, attached to a fabric tag on the inside of the purse, and can only be viewed with a special magnifying device.
- Familiarize yourself with the popular types of Fendi handbag materials. Many Fendi bags are handcrafted using Patent, Calfskin, Goatskin and Lambskin Leather. So by touching the outside of the bag, it is easy to distinguish if the leather is good quality or not. Most fake handbags use reconstituted leather made of synthetic or plastic materials that will reveal cracks when folded or wrinkled.
- Check the packaging. Another way to tell whether or not it is a replica handbag is by looking at the packaging. Keep in mind that the luxury retailers always put lots of care into packaging their products, because the imitators are not going to care much about what the packaging looks like and how the product arrives.
- Feel the edges of the bag. The seams around the corners and edges of the bag should be smooth and even. Jagged and bumpy edges, color variations around the seams, and loose threads are an indicator of an inferior Fendi purse.
- View your bag's lining. If there is puckering of the fabric inside of the purse, you are examining a fake Fendi. The lining of some vintage purses will have double F's printed evenly, and the “F” logos will not be crooked or slanted. The lining will lay flat inside the handbag and should not feel rough to the touch.
- Examine the purse's zippers and hardware. Fendi handbags feature hardware made of heavy-duty nickel or brass or nickel plating. All zippers on the outside of the handbag must have metal YKK zippers instead of plastic –and the locks on the purse should fasten and turn easily.
- Verify the Fendi authenticity card and the serial number. All Fendi purses are sold with a 15- to 17-digit serial number and an identification card that guarantees authenticity. This card shows that the purse has passed Fendi’s quality standards. The card will match a serial number imprinted on a leather tag located in the inner pocket of the authentic purse.
It is important that you take care when you are shopping for anything designer, and the same goes for a handbag. After all, if you are going to dole out that kind of money, you want to make sure that you are getting the real Fendi purse.
Video: How to Spot Fake Fendi Handbags and Purses